[linux-dvb] Re: Set up a network interface

Alex Woods escribió:

What's going on here is that I haven't yet figured out how the dec requests and receives any streams other than video and audio (private streams containing channel details are delivered a different way), nor have I figured out how to get signal strength etc. This means you will not be able to use scan to get a channel list. You may find a list for a transmitter near you in the linux-dvb prerelease tarball or elsewhere on the web. Alternatively you could write one by hand using the details given in the setup / program information section of the dec's osd.
OK, that wouldn't be a problem (I think) since I have a little table in my specs containing so-called «services». I'll just write down what is in the specs, and thus giving the info André has requested:

<specs>

RF-Channel: 43 (F_DVB-T = 650 ± 4 MHz)

Technical data of the OFDM-Signal
=================================
- FFT-Mode: 8k
- Constellation: 16 QAM
- Code rate: 2/3
- Guard interval: 1/8

Technical data of the Statistical Multiplex
Transport Stream ID: 8000
Network ID: 16978
Network Name: Pilot Mue

and then a table whose columns are named like this:

ID Name PMT-PID PCR-PID V-PID A-PID
900 Sv900 300 301 301 302
28107 BFS 100 101 101 102 *
28901 BR-Alpha 200 201 201 202 *
50001 Sv50001 400 401 401 402

</specs>

Using a TV I've found out that the V- and A-PIDS marked with an * are TV channels. There is also a radio channel with VPID 0 and APID 3001. I suppose that the Sv* ones must be the data PIDS.

Thank you very much for your time!
David.
---
P.S.: I'm doing the probes in Munich, where DVB-T is being tested (in 2004 it'll be officialy enabled). Actually there are two TV channels and a radio one, plus a test network stream.