[linux-dvb] Re: FF cards alter PTS'?

Hi Klaus,

don't get me wrong, I appreciate your work. But I'm pretty angry about the situation that VDR is (I don't care whether willingly or not) endorsing these troublesome and expensive beasts since years.

We have now at least since about two or three years cheap and good alternatives and there have been efforts to write DirectFB and Xine-backends for VDR but they never found their way into the mainstream source which means nothing else than that they are born dead.

Holger

btw: Klaus, you know that the code responsible for synchronisation issues in the firmware is at least as complex as the code doing the same in ffplay.c. So everybody who believes he can fix those problems in the firmware if he had only the source is as well able to write a software decoder for VDR. And you know we can't release it. Sorry.