[linux-dvb] Re: Frozen picture with recent driver version

Guido Draheim wrote:
> That might be just unlucky, but let me add the hint that
> I had always have problems with recordings especially at
> 2GB and 4GB boundaries. 2hours (and 4hours) is about the
> time I see myself with breaking recordings at 32bit
> bytecount wrapping. It's not deterministic however, so
> [...]

Sorry, I was not precise enough. I did no recording and the duration of 2
hours/4 hours was just a number. It was also the case after 30 min or after 10
hour.

If I get this frozen picture in live-view (no encrypted channel like Pro7)
on the primary card, I can still record any channel on the secondary card and
I can still replay a recording and watch it (not frozen ;-) on the first
card. But as soon as I enter live-view, I get no or only a frozen picture.
Channel-switching doesn't help, only a restart of the driver. Maybe only the tuner
of the primary card is deactivated?!?

And I also noticed, that the usage of memory is very high. 90 out of 128 MB
and the usage grows. :-(
So I think ther must be a wrong allocation or a missing freeing of memory.
As I said, with DVB from 20.09. and the firmware of that version, I didn't
noticed that behaviour. With DVB from 20.09. and the "special" upt-debugging
firmware of Klaus or with the version of 17.11. I get this behaviour. So I think
it should be a firmware problem, where I cannot look in the source...

Once more my system:
primary card: hauppauge DVB-s 1.3 (connected with 3,5" CI)
secondary card: hauppauge Nexus-s 2.1
kernel 2.4.21
vdr 1.2.5

Martin

PS Guido: No top posting, please.

--
GMX Weihnachts-Special: Seychellen-Traumreise zu gewinnen!

Rentier entlaufen. Finden Sie Rudolph! Als Belohnung winken
tolle Preise. http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/specialmail/