[linux-dvb] Re: Frozen picture with recent driver version

That might be just unlucky, but let me add the hint that
I had always have problems with recordings especially at
2GB and 4GB boundaries. 2hours (and 4hours) is about the
time I see myself with breaking recordings at 32bit
bytecount wrapping. It's not deterministic however, so
hard to track down :-( and sadly I did not see a good
candidate in the dvb sources themselves, so it may just
as well be bug in the io system of linux itself, or
whatever distro specific version is being in use. -- guidoD

Martin Holst wrote:
Hi

I noticed a strange behaviour within DVB-driver from 17.11.:
if you watch a channel with vdr the picture gets frozen after
some time (sometimes after 2 hours, sometimes after 4 hours, ...) With the DVB-driver from 20.09. I didn't noticed that behaviour. Are there any other people with this "feature"?

my system:
primary card: hauppauge DVB-s 1.3 (connected with 3,5" CI)
secondary card: hauppauge Nexus-s 2.1
kernel 2.4.21

Martin

PS: I noticed this behaviour also with the upt-debugging firmware
of Klaus and the driver from 20.09., so I think it's a firmware
problem...

--
-- guido                                  http://google.de/search?q=guidod
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ d(+-) s+a- r+@>+++ y++ 5++X- (geekcode)