[linux-dvb] Re: FF cards alter PTS'?

Hi Klaus,

sorry for writing as pm first, I didn't check, whether the return address is set correctly.

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:

> I really fail to see your point. If a company were to produce a *GOOD*
> full featured DVB card, with a firmware (if necessary) that really works
> and doesn't require constant fixing, and an OSD that provides a full screen,
> 8bpp resolution, what would be wrong with that?

There would of course nothing be wrong with it. But the question is: what would be right with it? It would _not_ be supported by vdr yet. It wouldn't help you, using your present card and you put emphasis on doing that. And wouldn't even make vdr cheaper, because most box-pc or things like that, which are interesting for use as vdr, already have tv-out on the mainboard. So the only reason (technically, not counting the current support by software) not to use the tv-out of a current graphic-card could be problems in producing correct interlaced output. I don't know, whether those exist.

And the performance of the pc would be even less, because you don't have to decode _and_ mpeg-recode div-x or similar videos.

Martin