[linux-dvb] Re: Channel change delay with DVB-T

On Sun, Apr 25 2004, at 09:25:44 +0200, Tony Grant wrote:
> Le dim 25/04/2004 ā 01:30, Michal Dobrzynski a écrit :
> > Thank you! (and whomever sent in the updated timings). It has made a
> > WORLD of difference and channel changes are very quick now.. They seem
> > about 4 times faster.
> >
> > The only thing now is the occasionally image corruption (I think caused
> > by emptying the remains of the ring buffer?) when switching channel in
> > VDR but it doesn't happen every time and it's a LOT better than staring
> > at a black screen for ages.
>
> There is another issue here: lircd eats huge amounts of CPU on my
> machine when changing channels. This causes image "hesitation" and
> sometimes breakup.

If you are using the serial lirc driver it disables interrups for a
relatively long time since it needs to sample the pulses on the serial
port in realtime and in software in the driver. This could be the cause
of your problem. The system clock also drifts due to long interrupt
handler (but this has probably nothing to do with your problem).

  Björn

--
Björn Andersson <bjorn@iki.fi>
PGP id 5AFC144B