[linux-dvb] Re: [help] Failed compile of linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1

Hello,

On 25.04.2004 05:55, Ty wrote:

Can you confirm this is the correct set of actions?
1. get 2.6.5 kernel source from kernel.org
2. get patch-2.6.5-kraxel.gz from bytesex.org
You don't need to apply this patch, it mostly affects analog-bttv-based cards. It doesn't harm, though.

3. decompress the kernel and apply the patch to it
You should apply the patches from the "patches-2.6" directory from
the "dvb-kernel" CVS repository.

4. make the kernel, ensuring I2C, V4L and the bttv driver are configured
Yes. Your driver is called "Nebula/Pinnacle PCTV PCI cards", the module name is "dvb-bt8xx". Your frontend driver is called "Frontends with sp887x demodulators, e.g. Microtune DTF7072", the module name is "sp887x"

Make sure to read the help texts regarding your frontend thorougly and follow the instructions to get the necessary firmware for your frontend.

Should I2C and V4L be modules or compiled into the kernel?
It does not really matter. Do as you like.

5. reboot into new kernel

6. use the utils from the linuxtv-1.1.0-apps download to see if everything
is working
You'll probably need some tries to get the frontend driver to load your firmware. Without the frontend driver properly loaded, you won't get a "dvb/adapter0/frontend0" device and you cannot tune using "tzap".

Thanks,
Ty
CU
Michael.