[linux-dvb] Re: Help with J2 RGB

On 30/04/2004, at 3:18 PM, Emil Naepflein wrote:

In contrast to you I didn't connect a long SCART cable directly to J2. I
put a female SCART connector, S/PDIF (optical/electrical), audio out
into the back of the Multitainer. All the circuits necessary I put onto
this connector. The connection between backplane connectors and J2 is 20
cm long standard ribbon cable. There is absolutely no problem to solder
a few components to this connector. The connection to TV is then either
a standard SCART cable or standard AV cable together with a adapter.
It's no contrast at all as that's exactly what I'm doing, except that I only have the SCART socket in one of the rear slots on the PC where the PCI cards go :P

Regards,
Michal