[linux-dvb] Re: Problems fetching multiple channels from thesame dvb stream

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> I don't know what dvbd is.

It is a daemon that takes care of tuning the cards in the system and gives
(at least) a unix domain socket API for clients to connect. It allows
simultaneous clients (dvbcat) using several channels at the same time (the
same channel or different ones), as long as you have as many tuners as you
have different frequencies. For example, if there are 10 channels bundled
in one stream, you could have for example 20 simultaneous channels open as
long as they are broadcasted on the same stream.

It has also a scheduler (timer functionality) with priorities etc, using
command line interface, so you can start recording very easily and very
fast over SSH connection or whatever.

I have currently only one card, but in the future I might buy two more and
then I should (at least in theory) be able to record all channels (about
20 or so) being broadcasted around here simultaneously as there are only
three channel bundles in use. :)

> > dvb_demux_feed_del: feed not in list (type=0 state=0 pid=ffff)
> > dvb_demux_feed_del: feed not in list (type=0 state=0 pid=ffff)
>
> CVS (linux_2_4 branch) has SMP related fixes to dvb_demux_feed_del().
> Maybe this fixes your problem.

I just tried with the head of the branch. Did not seem to affect anything.
I still get the same messages and the recording of the third channel
cannot be started. :( Any more suggestions or any other debug information
I could provide you?

Regards,
Kimmo

Home | Main Index | Thread Index