[linux-dvb] Re: Problems fetching multiple channels from the same dvb stream

Kimmo Mustonen wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
>
> > I don't know what dvbd is.
>
> It is a daemon that takes care of tuning the cards in the system and gives
> (at least) a unix domain socket API for clients to connect. It allows
> simultaneous clients (dvbcat) using several channels at the same time (the
> same channel or different ones), as long as you have as many tuners as you
> have different frequencies. For example, if there are 10 channels bundled
> in one stream, you could have for example 20 simultaneous channels open as
> long as they are broadcasted on the same stream.
>
> It has also a scheduler (timer functionality) with priorities etc, using
> command line interface, so you can start recording very easily and very
> fast over SSH connection or whatever.
>
> I have currently only one card, but in the future I might buy two more and
> then I should (at least in theory) be able to record all channels (about
> 20 or so) being broadcasted around here simultaneously as there are only
> three channel bundles in use. :)
>
> > > dvb_demux_feed_del: feed not in list (type=0 state=0 pid=ffff)
> > > dvb_demux_feed_del: feed not in list (type=0 state=0 pid=ffff)
> >
> > CVS (linux_2_4 branch) has SMP related fixes to dvb_demux_feed_del().
> > Maybe this fixes your problem.
>
> I just tried with the head of the branch. Did not seem to affect anything.
> I still get the same messages and the recording of the third channel
> cannot be started. :( Any more suggestions or any other debug information
> I could provide you?

I had a quick look into dvbd.sf.net, and it seems that it does
funny things when setting TS filters (DMX_SET_PES_FILTER with
DMX_OUT_TS_TAP):
- it should always use pes_type OTHER; pes_types audio/video are only
  for useful driving the MPEG-decoder of fulll-featured cards
- I suspect there might be a bug in the driver (dvb_demux.c) when setting
  multiple TS-filters for the same PID, possibly with conflicting
  flags (broken error handling); I'm not sure what is supposed to
  happen besides EBUSY...

You could add debug prints to dmxdev.c for DMX_SET_PES_FILTER to
find out what happens. Or try to find out what dvbd does exactly.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index