[linux-dvb] Re: Regaining lock

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 09:32:13AM +0100, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 Jun 2004 23:27, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > >
> > > The CVS tda1004x code uses the kernel firmware facilities now, so the
> > > errno thing will vanish.
> >
> > Will that be going into 2.6.7?
>
> Afraid I don't know - I'm not involved with the release-to-linus cycle. I
> think theres still work to do in the i2c stuff though - e.g. that stv0299
> module load order bug, so probably not.

I thought Michael fixed the load order bug in CVS?

Anyway, the frontends which are converted to use kernel I2C won't work
for card drivers which don't implement a kernel I2C driver (e.g.
skystar2, and probably the USB things). IOW, current CVS won't
work for a lot of people. I hope that someone would show interest
into bringing those drivers back to live...

Currently that blocks submissions to Linux, so 2.6.7 will contain
the same DVB stuff as 2.6.6 (probably even with the errno bug in
tda1004x.c).

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index