[linux-dvb] Re: Regaining lock

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 09:32:13AM +0100, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

On Tuesday 01 Jun 2004 23:27, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 03:55:11PM +0100, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

On Tuesday 01 Jun 2004 15:34, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

BTW, tda1004x in 2.6.6 won't load due to missing errno. I grabbed the
patch from CVS. It looks like this hasn't been submitted for 2.6.7 yet
- are there any plans to do that?
The CVS tda1004x code uses the kernel firmware facilities now, so the
errno thing will vanish.
Will that be going into 2.6.7?
Afraid I don't know - I'm not involved with the release-to-linus cycle. I think theres still work to do in the i2c stuff though - e.g. that stv0299 module load order bug, so probably not.

I thought Michael fixed the load order bug in CVS?

Anyway, the frontends which are converted to use kernel I2C won't work
for card drivers which don't implement a kernel I2C driver (e.g.
skystar2, and probably the USB things). IOW, current CVS won't
work for a lot of people. I hope that someone would show interest
into bringing those drivers back to live...
Do I need to have a kernel 2.6 to fix the skystar2 driver? If not I could take a look at it within the next two weeks, if so it would take more time (still have 2.4).

Niklas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index