[linux-dvb] Re: Problem watching other channels and recordings while recording a CA channel

On Sun, Jul 04, 2004 at 05:45:02PM +0200, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Antti-Pekka Liedes wrote:
> >
> > I have two Hauppauge DVB-C 2.1 cards with CI and Conax CAM on the first card.
> > I'm using the first card's video out.  I'm currently using linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1
> > and vdr 1.3.11, although the same problem occured with older drivers (the
> > reference from VDR's homepage) and vdr 1.2.6.  My kernel is a vanilla 2.4.25.
> >
> > The problem is, when I start recording a conditional access channel, I
> > sometimes can't watch any free-to-air channels or even recordings.  Just half
> > an hour ago I began recording a CA channel, and switched to an FTA channel,
> > but the picture is blank.  I tried watching a vdr recording, but it displays a
> > broken frame of the CA channel I'm recording and some garbage.
>
> Does this happen with other CAMs or is it specific to your Conax CAM?
> Does it only happen with two DVB cards in your PC?

I just switched the second Hauppauge to two TechnoTrend budget DVB-C cards
(ie. now I have one Hauppauge + two TechnoTrends), and the problem seems to
have gone away.  When a CA channel recording is started and I'm watching some
FTA channel, I lose picture and sound for a couple of seconds, but that's not
a significant problem.  I have recorded different CA channels several times
now, and I've always been able to watch FTA channels normally.

--
Antti-Pekka Liedes   *        apl@IRC       * I look around my room
Aallonkohina 8 D 60  *       apl@iki.fi     * is filled with candles

Home | Main Index | Thread Index