[linux-dvb] Re: refactoring

Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net> writes:

> > It should always be possible to determine on the register/device
> > state whether a firmware reload in init() is required, not? Is
> > anything serious done in the detach() functions?

> Now that I've removed the i2c_driver stuff,

Oh, no, not *this* again please.  What the heck is the reason to not
use the kernel i2c stuff?  I think we had discussed that ...

> the only thing done in the _detach() functions is
> dvb_unregister_adapter().

And free the drivers private data.  And any other cleanups the driver
migth have to do depending on the hardware.  We certainly need a
detach function.

It could be part of the function pointer struct through.  So the only
thing exported by the module is the attach function and everything
else (including detach) can be accessed indirectly via function
pointers.

  Gerd

--
return -ENOSIG;