[linux-dvb] V4 Denc API Proposal

Hi Folks,

Please find attached a header file "denc.h" that helps to illustrate what
capabilities a digital encoder (denc) has.  A denc is normally found on
STB/iDTV products to convert a digital video signal into an analogue form
(e.g. RGB, CVBS) to output to a TV/VCR/etc.  It also has the capability to
insert data into the VBI (e.g. Teletext, WSS, VPS, closed caption).

I have included the vbi functions from "vbi.h" in the header file so that
STB/iDTV folk can simply have one type of device that does everything
(instead of having a separate denc and vbi device).  For PC Card folk, just
use the vbi.h file as it is (probably needs extending to add Teletext and
cc support).

A few companies have made comments on the lack of a denc API, so that's why
I have made the effort to knock one up.  I have referenced quite a few
PAL/NTSC/SECAM denc devices on the market to make sure that the API fits.

Please feel free to comment.  This is just an initial proposal for the V4
Linux DVB APIs and the more input the better.

Cheers,

Rob : )

(See attached file: denc.h)