[linux-dvb] Re: Avermedia DVB-T 771 remote. First signs of life!

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 10:16:14PM +0200, Ola Nilsson wrote:
> Gerd Knorr <kraxel@bytesex.org> writes:
>
> > Well, X11 isn't exactly the best tool to test that, better get your
> > events from /dev/input/event<x> directly.  The input tarball from
> > http://dl.bytesex.org/cvs-snapshots/ has a utility to dump them, there
> > are others floating around on the net as well.
>
> So, as you've probably guessed, I'm a bit new to this. I don't have any
> /dev/input/event0. Nor do I have any event0 in anywhere under
> /dev. Looking at /proc i get this:

Try "insmod evdev".

> But, once I have found my device, should I set up lirc even though the
> remote seems to send key events already?

You can use lirc (it handle linux input devices), but you don't have to.
lirc needs the evdev module loaded as well.

The mentioned tarball also has a utility to dump and change the
key maps.

> Or maybe I should ask the basic question; How do I get the events to
> be useful for Myth?

Don't know mythtv ...

  Gerd

--