[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-ip : Which TwinHan's card is better ?

On Tue November 9 2004 7:31 pm, olivier wrote:
> Manu Abraham <manu@kromtek.com> disait récemment :
> > >
> > > Ah, I don't have any problem with this.
> >
> > Are you sure ? There are 2 types of tuners, the FTA tuner and the CI
> > tuner. Both respond differently.
>
> Oh, I must admit that you  completely lost me.  Are there always these
> 2 tuners on  the same card, and  if not, how identify them  ? What are
> the kind of differences ?

The tuners look exactly the same, same stickers everything except that the CI
version uses variable length replies as i stated earlier.

> > i2c is the biggest headache on Twinhan.
> >
> > The problem is that Twinhan does not use bit banging but a prorietory i2c
> > protocol. going through the code looks like some derived SONY i2c
> > protocol.
>
> I realize it. Others people have also problems with this card, and not
> only  with the CA  interface...  But  how do  you know  that it  use a
> proprietary  protocol  ?  The  two  code seem  to  do  the same  thing
> (although Twinhan  code is  far less hierarchized  than linux  one), I
> don't see any big difference.
>
> I'm pretty sure that you were farther than me... Anyway, here what's I
> succeed to do. (with a 2.6.8.1 kernel, linux-dvb HEAD drivers).
I had some IOCTL conflicts on my system, after i solved that i was half crazy,
i pulled out the SATA cable from my HDD while the system was running.

Ah, i will try tomorrow morning.

Manu

Home | Main Index | Thread Index