[linux-dvb] Re: Gary Few goes nuts because he was not removed from mailing list

It seems that he has activated an auto-reply to all mail from this mailing list.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Few" <gfew@pentamediaeurope.co.uk>
To: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 6:46 PM
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: dvb-ip : Which TwinHan's card is better ?

Please remove me from this list

Many Thanks

E- mail: gfew@pentamediaeurope.co.uk
Web: www.pentamedia.com
www.pentamediaeurope.co.uk
----- Original Message ----- From: "Manu Abraham" <manu@kromtek.com>
To: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
Cc: "olivier" <bitmap@pan.homelinux.com>
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 5:26 PM

On Mon November 8 2004 7:36 pm, olivier wrote:
Manu Abraham <manu@kromtek.com> disait récemment :
> Yes, that's what Twinhan sent to me. Proprietory drivers work under > 2.4
> kernel.

Many thanks for giving them in the ml. Finally, did Twinhan give you
any other informations ?

They said they will try to give some doc.. but not expecting it very soon
though.

> Doing the same here.. stuck up with i2c. in fact stuck up with > variable
> length replies and checksums.

Ah, I don't have any problem with this.
Are you sure ? There are 2 types of tuners, the FTA tuner and the CI tuner.
Both respond differently.

> i2c is the biggest headache on Twinhan.

The problem is that Twinhan does not use bit banging but a prorietory i2c
protocol. going through the code looks like some derived SONY i2c protocol.

Manu
Right :/

> I was able to have basic functionality... but not getting it to work
> proper.. I thought nobody was interested to have it get going..

And you're wrong. I am interested...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index