[linux-dvb] Re: Rename budget drivers?

From: "Gerd Knorr" <kraxel@bytesex.org>
> "Robert Schlabbach" <robert_s@gmx.net> writes:
> > dvb-pci-saa7134-ttbudget
>
> I don't like these very long names: The "pci" is kida redundant as the
> chipset already implies that.

*IF* you happen to know the chipset. Not everyone necessarily knows every
chipset.

> "tt" is bullshit as the saa7134 ones are not technotrend designs.

Exactly, that's why "dvb-pci-saa7134-ttbudget" would be the module which
specifically supports the saa7134-based TechnonTrend designs.

> And I'd leave out the "budget" as well, *all* new cards are budget
> cards.

You seem to have missed the release of the NEW Hauppauge WinTV Nexus-CA
card...

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach