[linux-dvb] Re: Rename budget drivers?

From: "Andrew de Quincey" <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>
> We're sort of half way between both positions right now.
> Personally I think there should be a structure. I'd suggest
> dvb-<bus>-<extra>.
>
> Where <bus> is "usb", "pci" etc.. and "extra" identifies the
> card itself... e.g. "tt", "tt-ff", "knc1", "tt-ci".
>
> I'm not sure the suggestion to call them dvb-saa7146-* makes
> sense - e.g. I don't think it would make sense to add the
> device-side USB interface chip to all the USB devices.

Well, in USB you just talk to the USB bus driver, whereas PCI bridge code
is somewhat more complex, so IMHO it'd make sense to classify what PCI
device you're talking to, so that people wanting to add new modules know if
there is already some source for a specific PCI bridge.

How about e.g.:

dvb-pci-saa7146a-ttbudget
dvb-pci-saa7146a-ttpremium
dvb-pci-saa7134-ttbudget