[linux-dvb] Re: Howto read audio register of av7110, SPDIF dead

> > Some users of NexusCA have no sound, others have sometimes and some have
> > never over Spdif line. It looks like a timing problem.
> > I've enabled analogue sound for myself, this function is actually
> > disabled with CVS version.
> > Three other users tested this code. In the moment analogue sound is
> > switched on no one has sound over SPDIF.
> > Somebody an idea????
> >
> > I have three questions:
> >
> > -howto read out the audio read register of the av7110? I want to print
> > out the result into the kernel log.
>
> I don't know what you mean by "audio read register".
> Anyway, the SPDIF guru for av7110 is Werner Fink. Maybe
> you'll find some info on http://vdrportal.de/.
>
> Does the NexusCA have an SPDIF output which uses different
> hardware then the older Nexus cards (which used the av7110 builtin
> SPDIF transmitter)?

I want to write the content of avermedia Register 0x6C000000 to the kernel log
for debugging.

I tried to find out if the SPDIF is driven over the avermedia by beeping the
board out weeks ago....
I have to say...I don't know, no success.
That's the reason why i want to debug registers.

The only thing i know for sure is, that the problem is around the tuner.
SPDIF works often on my card, when extending the tuning time. By decreasing
the time SPDIF is dead.
But what has this stuff todo with the MSP analog chip????

Andrew removed one msleep for faster tuning, i have not tested anything since
this time.
Maybe it's working now.

Tim
> > -in av7110.c is the i2c rate reduced for the nexus ca. Has anybody an
> > idea why that _could_ have side effects on SPDIF?
>
> No, and I bet it doesn't.
>
> > -two other tuners using this line:
> > av7110->fe->ops->set_tone = av7110_set_tone;
> >
> > what is this line for???
>
> For some DVB-S frontends DiSEqC is implemented in the av7110 firmware.
> It has nothing to do with audio.
>
> Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index