[vdr] Re: MPlayer patch - "Select" problem

On 29 May 2002 bernd_muc@gmx.de wrote:

>>What does "mount.sh status /cdrom ; echo $?" say? Try with
>>mounted and unmounted CD drive.
>
> Okay - now I know what you meant...stupid me  ;-)
>
> CD-ROM mounted:   0
> CD-ROM unmounted: 1
>
> Nevertheless, when I press the red button, I cannot navigate the CD, but...
>
> ...if I change the select case in mount.sh to  "exit 0" (deleting the
> if-then-fi stuff) I can navigate the CD (of course only if it's mounted
> before). Isn't that weired??

No that weird :-)

Obviously the status check doesn't works from inside VDR. As it
works from the commandline, it may be a PATH problem.

The status check uses 2 commands: cat & grep.
You can check the location of these commands this "which cat" /
"which grep". Try to add abolute pathes to mount.sh.

If it still fails, try to add some echo statements to mount.sh to
see what is happening.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan