[vdr] Re: bug in vcd patch?

toni poschner wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 31. Juli 2002 18:32 schrieben Sie:
> > toni poschner wrote:
> > > morning togehter....
> > > i have run across a problem..... with the vcd patch.... maybe some people
> > > encountered the same problem....
> > >
> > > watching svcds works fine until i take my custom made ones made with
> > > tosvcd and vcdimager.... fast forward and backward doesnt work.... they
> > > jump to the beginning of the svcd.... i got artefacts, video and sound
> > > are not synced and it runs not smooth (it ruckels.. *g*).... playing the
> > > same svcds on a standalone player works fine....
> > >
> > > does anyone have an idea?
> > >
> > > greetings ralf
> >
> > it only works with fully iso62107 compliant scvds so far, since it
> > depends on some specific 'user data' sequences in the mpeg stream.
> >

> thanks thomas.... ;) this means vcdimager is not useable for this purpose? is
> there another linux program that does this job or will the vcd patch in the
> future be able to play those svcds generated by tosvcd and vcdimager?
>
> greetings ralf

nope - vcdimager works fine. the 'user data' sequences are inserted by
the multiplexer when you create your svcd mpeg stream. works fine with
the 'mplex' which comes with the dvb driver sources. afaik 'tosvcd' uses
the 'mplex' from the mjpeg-tools which seems to have a problem here.
maybe it can be changed to use the dvb version?

Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index