[vdr] Re: "Bug" in cutting function of VDR

> Hi Klaus,

i.m not klaus but i.ll answer your question. :)

> I hope you understand what I'm gonna try to explain to you now:
> Yesterday, I recorded a movie, it is about 1 hour and 30 min long. My
> intention is now to burn this movie on 2 SVCDs. With the cutting
> functions of VDR, I cut the first 45 min out of the film and got a
> separate file in the OSD with % as prefix. Now, I cut the second 45 min
> out of the film, thinking VDR would write them into a different file.
> Instead, the first file was deleted and the second one stored under the
> same name, which is not very practical if you want to cut a recording
> into several pieces. Did I do s.th. wrong, or is there any intention
> behind this?

AFAIK the cut function was implemented by klaus to cut out the scences
in a recording you don.t want to see. eg. if you want to keep it.
in most cases it.s the advertisments that are cut out. and what i left
i a movie without advertisments.

what you try to do is do devide the movie into 2 pieces of the same size.

vdr can.t do that. and for what you want to do there is no need to cut
it in 2 pieces. almost ALL vdr2svcds tools i know can be told how many
cds the svcds video should have.

hope you understand my weird english after a long 15h day ;)

servus hannes!

Johannes Schöller
<schoeller@gmx.at>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index