From: "sschmidt" <sschmidt@physik.hu-berlin.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 9:58 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: autostart for VDR

>Thank u one more time :)
Hey, this a mailinglist. No need 4 endless thanks. :-)))

>>even if I would like to be able to navigate through the OSD from the PC
>>keyboard and soon I hope with the  remote control
>Aaah, that is a problem. :-) You have to change to console 2 after every
>restart of your system. With a irremote there will be no problem at all.
>
>@ can I try an
>@''open -c1 runvdr ''
>@to do it through the tty1 ??
This IS very dangerous because you have no possibility to change to the 2.
console to stop something. That's why i wouldn't do that. Trust me, you will
end up with a new install because you can't send some questions to me if you
do that. :-)

>Thanking u again  Herr Sschmidt
Like i said, no problem. That's what the mailinglist is for.

>C U very soon
Oh, really? ;-)

>Mehdi Reda-Fathmi
Greetings from Germany near Berlin