[vdr] Selectable Startup Options

Hi all,

I would like to be able to startup VDR with different options.

Examples:

0. vdr
1. vdr  +DVD  +MP3
2. vdr +VCD +LCD

This are just some thought up examples (and the combos may
not make any sense ;))

During the boot up sequence I would like to be able to
choose between the two options above via the IR(!) remote.
If I don't press a key say within 5 seconds during boot up the
box should start up vdr w/o any options (case 0). If I press "2"
within the 5 seconds delay, then it should startup vdr with
VCD and LCD options activated.

Any ideas on how I could do this? Important for me would be
to do this with a remote (rather than a script which would
require keyboard input).

Thanks for any infos.

Greetz,
Reinhard