[vdr] Re: Finding channels

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 04:02:56PM +0200, Jan Ekholm wrote:

> That solves it. It can't be done in Finland. Thanks for all the help guys
> and girls, it was an interesting ride!

Sure it can. I've been using VDR for almost a year now in Helsinki in the
HTV network. All bouquets except one are QAM_128. Granted, the QAM_64
bouquet works a lot smoother than the QAM_128 bouquets. I'm using the old
struct driver from October and VDR 1.0.4.

Your problem was that you couldn't find any services? Grab dvbtune from
sourceforge and use the -i option to look for the service information.
IIRC dvbtune could generate a channels.conf file from the SI tables. Do
that for each bouquet separately. I would suggest you'd try the old driver
at first. There have been a bunch of patches on the linux-dvb mailing list
for QAM_128 stuff to the new driver. Once you get something working start
playing around with the new struct driver.

HTH!
--
  Lauri