[vdr] Re: Improved CAM support in VDR

Antti O Lammi wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > Using this new firmware I implemented CAM support into VDR, which is now
> > available in version 1.1.21 (see my other posting announcing this new
> > version). All CAM specific code can be found in the new files VDR/ci.[hc].
>
> What kind of problems does this actually fix with CAM support?

Well, there were quite a few problems. Some CAMs didn't work at all,
others only sometimes, there was no CAM menu support at all, once a replay
was done only the previously active CA channel could be decrypted - and maybe
more...

> I'm using DVB-C and CONAX, and only problem I've had so far, is that
> sometimes swapping over to other encrypted channels doesn't work. After
> this happens I can only watch that one encrypted channel and others remain
> "black". Restarting drivers helps. Maybe I've been lucky?

I had the same problem with my Irdeto AllCAM. This should now no longer happen.

> Can you (or anyone else?) tell weither this is CAM related problem, or
> driver related?

I assume it is (was ;-) driver/firmware related.

> I'll try the new firmware+drivers+VDR as soon as possible.

Please do so.

Klaus