[vdr] Re: SV: CAM support, was Improved CAM support in VDR

micael.beronius@telia.com wrote:

> Hello Klaus,
>
> >> OK, so I did this;
> >> -------------------------------------------
> >> if (tc[i].CreateConnection() == OK && tc[i].RecvTPDU() == T_CTC_REPLY )
> >>   return &tc[i];
> >> else
> >>   dsyslog("CAM didn't reply correctly to T_CREATE_TC - retrying...");
> >> -------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> and this in cCiTransportConnection::Data();
> >> -------------------------------------------
> >> if (state == stIDLE || state == stCREATION) {
> >>                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >> -------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> And now several tries are done, but my CAM is not seen anyway...
>
> KS> Are you actually observing several
>
> -->> 00 01 82 01 01
>
> Yes.
>
> KS> or are you just seeing
> KS> CAM didn't reply correctly to T_CREATE_TC - retrying...
>
> No.
>
> KS> in the log file? I assume the latter is the case, since CreateConnection() sets
> KS> 'state = stCREATION', and after that no more T_CREATE_TC will be sent.
>
> But if you inspect my code fragment above, I check for stCREATION as
> well.

Yes, but you wrote that you were doing this in cCiTransportConnection::Data(), where
there is no such test at all. I assume you actually did this in
cCiTransportConnection::CreateConnection(), which is right _below_ the Data() function.
That would explain why it sends the [00 01 82 01 01] repeatedly with your changes.

However, I suggest the implementation I have uploaded should be better (even though
it doesn't fix the problem).

> KS> The document's name is "En50221". I've uploaded it to
> KS>   ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/etc/En50221.pdf
>
> Thanks a bunch, this will make me do more testing. My current thought
> is that the CI is not reset or initialized correctly.

That's possible - but in that case it would probably mean that there is
something wrong in the driver/firmware with the "Link Layer" protocol.

Let me know if you find something.

Klaus