[vdr] Re: cDevice plugin API

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 09:31:37PM +0100, Rene Bartsch wrote:
> As the DXR3-plugin uses dvd-subpicture, this would be a nice solution.

My thoughts exactly :) And even if the 'spudec' in the VideoLAN client
doesn't support the more advanced 'colour areas' used by the more recent
Dxr3 plugins to get a full-colour display, then we still have a usable
(if not pretty..) solution.

> But running with Mplayer isn't complicated. You only have to activate
> subtiteling ...

My personal focus would really be Windows - so that a Linux machine
would act as a standalone STB with VDR / OSD / IR remote control, but
also be able to hook into a home network and let normal users 'just
watch TV' - no rocket science, no Linux needed, usable even by your
mother, etc.

Just download the client, configure the IP of the Windows machine in
VDR, and away you go. Just think, DVB on Windows without crappy drivers
=) Plus you'd benefit from all the recordings already on the VDR box..
from a simple STB to a full 'video-on-demand' server, all through a
familiar, comfortable interface.

Yes, I know I'm getting a bit carried away, but it's such a good idea,
IMO =)

gdh