[vdr] Re: two little feature suggestions for VDR

Hi Beppe,

> Think of a case when a user have a motor dish or DiSEq with 4 LNB
> there will be lots of channels ;o)

Hmm, I DO have a motor dish and get all channels from 58W
to about 40E. So that is quite a few channels ;o))

> Using the remote plugin (no repeat)

Mine repeats. So I guess I'm lucky.

> Then a new good channel with name ZimmZallaBimm almost
>last in the list. He/she will end up with a nintendo thumb after
> moving that channel up some where under a group where it
>belongs.

Not with one of my mods. The cursor no longer (well, as usual,
it's setupable ;o)) has hard stops. So you can mark this channel
and with 2 pushes (if its the last item) of the cursor down move
it into the top of the list.

> There are ten buttons (0-9) not in use here.
> Why not use them to jump around.

Of course this would be possible, but if don't *exactly* know
where the channel is you are looking for (or want to move it
to), you will still end up searching. Lets say you want to move
channel 245 to 300(where you think it would fit). It later turns
out that you remembered wrong and the true place is 450. What
good would the number buttons be for? In order to find the real
place (in the example above) you would need to scan through
the channels from 300 to 450. If I rememeber right there are
28 channels per page, so pressing the right button 5 times lets
you breeze through the list and find the right channel or place.
Even moving from channel 1 to 450 "only" requires 16 pushes,
so its not that bad.

The only time the idea would be helpfull, is if you KNOW
*exactly* that you want to move the channel from 300 to 450
(example from above). If you know the channel is somewhere
near channel xyz, you can enter this number in the small OSD
and then just hit the channel menu button.

Maybe Klaus will integrate it. For now I am not going to try
to implement this. I have received a few suggestions (on & off
list). I will try to integrate as much as possible, but in order to
be able to upload the stuff, I have to get it finished. Which in
turn means I have to set my priorities somehow ;o))

I always wonder how Klaus handels all the suggestions, addons
etc. His list has got to be a mile long ;o))

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.