[vdr] Re: two little feature suggestions for VDR

Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
Hi Matthias,

1. In the "Channels" menu, it is not possible to choose (i.e. "jump to") a channel directly via the number buttons, although this might be useful while having about 300 channels ...

I, too, thought about this, but now I'm not sure if it is really of
interest. Here is why I came to this conclusion:

- You can flip through the pages very quickly with the
  left and right buttons.
I did send a question of this to some days a go.

Think of a case when a user have a motor dish or DiSEq with 4 LNB
there will be lots of channels ;o)
Using the remote plugin (no repeat)
and updates the channels with a plugin or script.
Then a new good channel with name ZimmZallaBimm almost last in the list.
He/she will end up with a nintendo thumb after moving that channel up
some where under a group where it belongs.

There are ten buttons (0-9) not in use here.
Why not use them to jump around.

 ::beppe