[vdr] Re: dvd-plugin: does it work?

> > Gerhard Steiner wrote:
> > >
> > > does the dvd-plugin work?
> >
> > No, it segfaults.
>
> no it doesn.t segfault. i works *g*
>
> are you know wiser then before? i guess not. sorry. but dvd-0.2.0
works
> for
> me.
> driver version from 1.11.2002 and vdr-1.1.20.

Does also work (theoretically) here on SuSE 8.0, but I also did not get
it to work on SuSE 8.1 ('no IMDCT found' etc.). Don´t know the exact
reason for this...

In fact, AC-3/DTS output still is not possible because there is no AC-3
plugin, neither for soundcard, nor for DVBs output. So you can just
listen to the Dolby Surround sound which is sometimes amplified too much
and then sounds distorted.
Additionally, there are still some navigation problems on some DVDs.
E.g. on 'Herr der Ringe SE' you can not navigate in sub menus (e.g.
chapter selection). Additionally, libdvdcss from the libdvdnav-as-0.0.4
package leads IMHO to crashes and hang-ups while this did not happen
with a newer libdvdcss from www.videolan.org.
Furthermore I found out that 16:9 menus are displayed 4:3, and subtitles
are positioned wrong when the movie is using 16:9 mode.

Jörg