[vdr] Re: CAM status in VDR 1.1.22

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:31:52 +0100
Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> So I assume the corresponding entry to my 'cams.txt' would be
>
> Aston 1.05                       ok     0=fail fail   fail   fail   fail   fail   fail   fail
> CI rev. 1.6 (???)                       1=fail
>
> right?

Yes, at least for me, lurking on the mailing list there should be at least one person (Patrick, if I recall well) that has a working combination of dvb card + CI module + aston V1.05 cam + Seca2 card, but I don't know which setup he is using

> Is your CI one of the '3.5"' (one that goes into a 3.5" drive bay) or the "PCI"
> model (that's the one that is mounted like a normal PCI card).

It's one of the '3.5"' ones, will try to get a hold of a PCI one to see if it behaves differently , the only thing that is slowing me down is that I don't want to end up with three CI modules and not being able to use them. As soon as I see a report of someone getting the aston CAM recognized on the PCI module I'll go hunting on ebay ;-)

Thanks for everything Klaus