[vdr] Re: schedule channel change

Hi

Andreas Henden wrote:

Hi

Is it possible too schedule a channel change and not record it. Some
times I start to watch a show and I forget that I'm sitting and waiting
on another show that is going on another channel.

You could try with timers of zero (or very small) length?

Another thing that follows is maybe you could have a file with program
titles you like. So when a program start let us say seinfeld or
something start you get a message on the screen. "Seinfeld on channel
....." And then you could press OK or something to change to that
channel.
Does anyone have the skills and the time to program a plugin for that?

From

I would prefer to have a new timer flavour. This way you just would use existing tools like vdradmin/master-timer (easily patched into issuing the new commands).

Actually I would like to have 3 kinds of Timers:
1 "normal" recording Timers
2 "change channel" Timers that only change channel (with low priority: ask on osd)
3 "start eit scan" Timers that start a eit scanning sweep at a given time

2 could be also used to startup your pc (using nvram-wakeup) on some time, when you
know you probably want to watch something ( e.g. every day 20:00), so the PC will boot
while you are going to your living room (my parents always complain about my pc taking too
long to boot).
3 could be used to update your epg data while you are not at home.

_If_ I get some time this weekend, will try some coding.

Gruss Robert.