[vdr] Re: schedule channel change

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 05:03:55PM +0100, Robert Simons wrote:
> Hi
>
> Andreas Henden wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >Is it possible too schedule a channel change and not record it. Some
> >times I start to watch a show and I forget that I'm sitting and waiting
> >on another show that is going on another channel.
> >
> You could try with timers of zero (or very small) length?
>

> >Another thing that follows is maybe you could have a file with program
> >titles you like. So when a program start let us say seinfeld or
> >something start you get a message on the screen. "Seinfeld on channel
> >....." And then you could press OK or something to change to that
> >channel.
> >
> >Does anyone have the skills and the time to program a plugin for that?
> >
> >From
> >

> I would prefer to have a new timer flavour. This way you just would use
> existing tools like vdradmin/master-timer (easily patched into issuing
> the new commands).
>
> Actually I would like to have 3 kinds of Timers:
> 1 "normal" recording Timers
> 2  "change channel" Timers that only change channel  (with low
> priority: ask on osd)
> 3  "start eit scan" Timers that start a eit scanning sweep at a given time

There are some bits in the active-marker that are "free". Normaly you
have "0" and "1". A Master-Timer active is ">65536" and contains the
master-timer-internal ID-Number of the timer.

Currently the counter is linear, so the first bits are "overwritten".
But i could change it in a way that the first 16 are always untouched by
master-timer. (count << 16). As a new version of master-timer is needed
anyway, this is no problem at all.

Now you could add this special behaviour via (e.g.) bit 1 and bit 2.

bit 0 set = normal timer
bit 1 set = channel-switch timer
bit 2 set = eit-scan timer

So e.g. Master-Timer only needs to set the needed bit(s).

[Nachrichten]
Title = <Nachrichten>
Channel = ARD
Timertype = channel-switch

and Master-Timer sets bit 1.
e.g. count is "3"
ID = (3 << 16) = 196608
ID OR bit 1
196608 | 2 = 196610
So the active-flag is "196610". VDR sees that bit 1 is set and
interprets this timer als only for channel-switching

Another possibiliby would be to make the special case "Start-Time" and
"End-Time" are equal the trigger for this behaviour. (But this way you
couldn't differentiate between channel-switch and eit-scan timers. Which
wouldn't be a problem in most cases i think.)

eit-scan timers can't be generated by master-timer "correctly(tm)" (Out
of scope for master-timer. For this type of timers user-definied
repeating timers fit best(tm) in my eyes)

Bis denn