[vdr] Re: schedule channel change

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:32:48 +0100, Matthias Schniedermeyer <ms@citd.de>
wrote:

> Now you could add this special behaviour via (e.g.) bit 1 and bit 2.
>
> bit 0 set = normal timer
> bit 1 set = channel-switch timer
> bit 2 set = eit-scan timer

I vote against such a change because other tools like vdradmin also have
to be changed.

> Another possibiliby would be to make the special case "Start-Time" and
> "End-Time" are equal the trigger for this behaviour. (But this way you
> couldn't differentiate between channel-switch and eit-scan timers. Which
> wouldn't be a problem in most cases i think.)

Why not just using a specific pattern in the name field?
Something like "@CHANNEL-SWITCH" or "@EPG-SCAN" should be fine.

> eit-scan timers can't be generated by master-timer "correctly(tm)" (Out
> of scope for master-timer. For this type of timers user-definied
> repeating timers fit best(tm) in my eyes)

Yes. If the name field is used programming them by OSD or by vdradmin is
no problem. For OSD it would be find to have them automatically
completed when selecting the first few characters.

Especially the feature @EPG-SCAN is pretty useful together with the
autotimers of vdradmin and probably master-timer. As some stations
update their EPG only daily a VDR using nvram-wakup has to be woken up
regularily to get the updated EPG and program the timers for matching
transmissions.

Emil