[vdr] Re: How to get the VDR box silent

Hi

If you are able i assume to use the Harddrive of a existing SERVER and boot your
VDR over this Network.

So you donīt have any HD-Noise.

Here i use a usual Case with a silent Power-Supply.
Additional i use a usual CPU-Cooler but i run it on 7V - (1,2ghz Duron) - no problems at all.
The main Probleme here was the heat of the DVB-Devices (here i use 4) i modifyed
my Case so there is a cooler (runs very slow) above the DVB-S Devices - works also very well.

With this mofifications the VDR is realy not "loud" and my "aquarium-Pump" is louder. :-)

So i can live with it but iīm sure there is a way to build it Fanless but then you
have to build in HEAT-Pipes wich bring the Heat out of the BOX.....

CU

Axel