[vdr] Re: How to get the VDR box silent

Hi,

I am using an PIII 933 with an Arctic Super Silten Pro. This one has a very
big heatsink. I had to cut of a piece to get it on the CPU (bad layout of MB
:( ) but then i could reduce the Fan to 5 Volt (I will have to se if this
works in summer ;) or 7 Volt. Which makes it very silent - even with 5V the
heatsink does never get hot :) Here you can buy those it :
http://www.reichelt.de/index_direkt.html?AC%20SUPERSILENT%204+PbUvxcN87JYAAB
w9LAU+EF
If you want then you can buy 5V / 7V Adapters there to.

Then for reducing harddisk noise I can really recomend NoVibes from
http://www.noisecontrol.de
It reduces the noise of the running disk very well :) I can't hear the disk
running any longer (even when muting the Reciver) :). It does not reduce the
"heads moving" noise so that you will need a silent HD from the beginning.

As next i am going to try the NMT-2 (Fan control) from
http://www.noisecontrol.de to get rid of the other Fan noise.

Greetings Christian