[vdr] Re: How to get the VDR box silent

Am Mon, 2003-01-20 um 11.39 schrieb Reinhard Walter Buchner:

> Sorry, but I'll have to disagree here. Both use SMPSUs and they ARE
> efficient. Try getting 5V 40A (and the other V & A ratings) from an iron
> cored (aka non SM) PSU. Then you will know what inefficient is ;o))
> [...]
> that a good (i.e Enermax) PC PSU is BETTER than those of the
> commercial STBs.

That's true, but most PCs are equipped with quite inefficient PSUs. From
my personal experience, the other problem is that most high-quality PSUs
are usually only available at high output ratings for
overclocked-and-equipped-with-20-fans ;-) systems which draw a lot of
power. If you try to follow the "minimum CPU" principle VDR is designed
for, you will have a hard time finding a quality PSU.

> BTW: Did you receive my update on the MM, that I sent you between
> the holidays for info on the CIM part of your website?

Yes, but I forgot to update the website (shame on me!). I will update
the CIM page when I'm back home tonight.

> ---
> Mail is certified Virus Free.

:*)

Regards,