[vdr] AW: Re: How to get the VDR box silent

> Von: Alessandro Pasotti [mailto:apasotti@isoleborromee.it]
> Gesendet am: Montag, 20. Januar 2003 11:46
> An: vdr@linuxtv.org
> Betreff: [vdr] Re: How to get the VDR box silent
>
> Alle 09:48, lunedì 20 gennaio 2003, Ondrej Wisniewski ha scritto:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> I have a amd duron 700.
>
> I have succesfully reduced noise placing a resistor to lower
> processor fan
> voltage (and speed), it makes the biggest difference on my system.
>
> I also put a sponge in front of the HD and on the side walls
> of the case, this
> also helps.

mysty voice on:

do not underestimate the power of the dark side .... ahhh no, meant HEAT

if you put isolation everywhere on your case you´re loosing the the case itself for cooling,
so you will need more airflow (noise) to compensate
maybe a heatpipe from a real hot spot (cpu, dvb-s) to the case will improve that situation
(a system with 2 full dvb-s, a strong cpu for divx and encoding and 2 hdd´s produces a lot of heat)