[vdr] Re: How to get the VDR box silent

Am Mon, 2003-01-20 um 13.45 schrieb Andreas Mair:

> Do you mean NoVibes reduces the noise a harddisc makes while only running
> without access?
> This would be great, because I can hear my harddisc's running noise (not the
> head movement!) very clear after I made all the fans completely silent.

Remeber that most (all?) current IDE hard disks can be switched into
"silent" mode via software which reduces the noise caused by the seeking
head. The performance is a little worse than in "full speed" mode but
always sufficient for VDR. Depending on the hard drive, this feature
alone can drastically reduce the noise.

hh