[vdr] AW: Re: How to get the VDR box silent

Hallo,

> >> Then for reducing harddisk noise I can really recomend NoVibes from
> >> http://www.noisecontrol.de
> >> It reduces the noise of the running disk very well :) I can't hear the
> >> disk running any longer (even when muting the Reciver) :). It does not
> >> reduce the "heads moving" noise so that you will need a silent HD from
> >> the beginning.
>
> Do you mean NoVibes reduces the noise a harddisc makes while only running
> without access?
> This would be great, because I can hear my harddisc's running noise (not
> the
> head movement!) very clear after I made all the fans completely silent.

So it is :)

I have got a NoVibes in my "work"-PC for 3-4 years now and it is really
great :) And for the Living room this is even better :) No Noise coming from
there any longer.

The only thing is that once a year you should take a look at the rubber to
see if it is still OK.
They sell those rubber to for 4 Euro if you need some next year. Presume ist
is not a good idea to buy them now. These are not in the Shop - just
Mail/call them and they will sell you some.

Greetings Christian