[vdr] Re: AW: Re: How to get the VDR box silent

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:36:24 +0100, Emil Naepflein
<Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de> wrote:

> That's really no problem. I have modded mine to have LNB-IN, LNB-OUT,
> SCART, audio out, coax/opt digital out from my 1.3 DVB card. The back
> now looks like a standard STB and not like a PC. ;-)

Forgot to mention that my MT-VDR can be controlled by the buttons at the
front and has a LCD display which shows usefull information.
Pressing Standby does a full software suspend to disk and turns the
power off (<2 W). The five buttons at the right side allow restricted
control of VDR. You even can go into the menu and play recordings.

There is one serious drawback with the MT that I have to mention:
There is no possibility to use nvram-wakeup to make recordings. This is
no problem for me as the MT is not used to do recordings. But people
which want to have automatic wakeup/shutdown for recordings have to take
something different or do use a external programmable device to handle
this.

Cheers,
Emil