[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: mplayer.sh version 0.0.6a-jha

Andreas Henden wrote:

> okay, it is the -speed that cause the problem. I turned it off and now
> there is no deep voices. But now it is out of sync and bad quality on
> the sound. (yes the video is NTSC and I'm trying to play it on a PAL TV)

I'd say, that's the way it has to be. If you have a NTSC video and want
to play it back on a PAL TV, then you can either play it as it is
(without -speed), but then the sound get's out of sync or you play it
with the -speed option, so that the speed of the audio is matching the
speed of the video, which is slower, because you have a video with 30
fps and play it with 25fps.

At least that is what Arpi, one of the mplayer developers, recommends to
  do.

Clearly, the best way is to play NTSC as NTSC, but then you need a NTSC
capable TV set.

Sorry,
Juri