[vdr] Re: DVB-T stream corruption in Finland

Rantanen Teemu wrote:

> > From: Lauri Tischler [mailto:lauri.tischler@efore.fi]
> > >
> > Sorry to say, but the problem is not totally solved.
> > I just started to record Farscape and the number of continuity errors
> > went right up, a lot, quite a few artefacts in the picture.
> > Not as bad as it was, but slightly annoying.
> > Well, I'm getting my fullfunction DVB-T board next week,
> > that should do the trick.
>
> Yes, there definitely is something still wrong, but I don't think it's my
> fault.
Of course it's not Your fault, I do apologise if I gave that impression.

> You didn't mention how you did watch the recording if you only have
> Nova-T?
Oh, I didn't say, I have two cards DVB-S fullfuntion Fujitsu/Siemens 1.3
and Hauppauge DVB-T Nova-T.

> You might note that I didn't touch the recording thread on that diff
> if you are concerned that the patch broke the recording in another way.
>
> As far as it goes for the continuity errors, the patch doesn't process data
> any differently when errors are encountered, it merely reports if it sees
> one. And that's using the incoming data quite directly from the DVB device.
> I left the dsyslog() call commented because it can generate quite a lot of
> those at worst.
>
> What do you get if you let the driver report the errors, e.g:
>
>         dvbtune -f 562000000
>         dvbtune -f 562000000 -m
>
> do you get BlockErrors then (let it run for a longer time and grep results
> from a file afterwards). I did use the same method as dvbtune does at first.
> That gave me couple of panics in the driver. So that diff (and plug-in) will
> have to wait for a stable driver...

After running dvbtune on SUBTV blockerrors are around 200-300, whatever
that figure means.

> I'm little bit curious about the size of the antenna. A friend of mine
> reports that he uses no antenna at all (well, some piece of metal wire) to
> receive the broadcast, and he also has visual contact with the radio link.

Me too, I get reasonable picture with wire coathanger, because of the
artefacts I bought bigger antenna but the reasult were not much better.