[vdr] Re: DVB-T

Hello Gavin,

GH> The data stream goes

Transmitter ->> Nova-T -> MPEG2 data -> Dxr2 -> TV

GH> So that means you can take pure copies of the broadcast programmes and store
GH> them on hard disk at the full broadcast quality.. hence this is where VDR
GH> steps in :)

GH> To run a VDR machine, you will need to get a Dxr3, since the plugin for VDR
GH> does not support the Dxr2 (the driver for the Dxr2 is very different)

GH> Hope that helps! :)

This helps a bit! Thanks.
Before posting here I've read enormous amounts of FAQs and I was
worried about dxr2 and vdr incompatibility.

Any ideas where it's possible to get Dxr3 card? My colleague is
working in England right now so he might get it somewhere, since
Latvia doesn't have such outdated stuff ;)

And BTW, will it work on P166MMX + Dxr3 or that might cause some
problems? What's average stream bandwith for DVB-T? I don't think that
it exceeds 15mbps so it should not be the problem for harddrive.

Thanks again.

--
Lynx,
http://dotNet.lv                          mailto:emulynx@delfi.lv