[vdr] Re: A/V sync problems with new drivers

Steffen Barszus wrote:
> An ARM reset w/o reloading the driver would be a wish too. I know it
> was spoken about, but I don't know if it can be done yet.

IMHO this is difficult because you have to put the ARM into the same
state as it was before the crash. The routine recover_arm() tries to do
this. That's why the convergence logo re-appears after an arm crash.

Apparently it doesn't really work: vdr exits due to a watchdog time-out,
unloads and re-loads the driver etc. I haven't yet investigated which
vdr thread triggers the watchdog in this case. I doubt that it is worth
the effort because the firmware is very stable now.

Oliver