[vdr] Re: Volume control and mute don't work with DXR3

* Seppo Ingalsuo (seppo.ingalsuo@iki.fi) [030414 17:50]:

> Why would you do this? Even if DXR3 had volume control I would use an AV
> receiver or TV to do it.

Because I don't want to use multiple remote controls. In fact, I'm thinking
of vdr as some kind of "television operating system" and plan to use only on
function of the TV set: power on/off, controlled by lirc in response of a
power on/off command. With volume control this does not work, because
receiving the IR commands of the RC and sending simultaneously commands that
are understood by the TV does not work reliable.

The "TV operating system" approach seems to be different from the kind of
usage other people see for vdr. In my scenario, vdr gets all signals from
the satellite and the TV sets are connected directly and exclusively to vdr.
Each TV set gets its own DXR3 card and an HF modulator. The biggest problem
then is to connect the IR-receiver/sender to the PC, but I've designed a
ciruit using RS232 line converters that should work with very long cables...

Ciao,

Tobias

--
Tobias Haustein