[vdr] Re: Feature Request: All-Time-Recording

Hi Rene, (all),

> But it's annoying to start a recording, start playback and then pause.
> This should really be a one button-solution as Klaus wants to do.

Yes, I totally agree, here. I was only talking about the continiual
streaming to disk not being such a good idea.

> For the cache 5 or 10 minutes would be nice in case you didn't hear
> something correctly.

Maybe one of my mods may interest you. I have added the possibility
to "misuse" the cutter marks as replay marks. I.e. there are several
combos of replay possible, but basiclly, you set your marks just as
you would to cut. Via the button "5" you can switch between cutter
and replay mode.  Example:

|Start----------A--------B-------C---------D-------E--------|Stop

You can chose odd or even number of marks there is no(!) restriction

Hitting the "5" will jump you to the next mark (doesn' have to be "A")
Depending on setup settings you can either play the movie:(to make
things clear the replay OSD color changes as you switch between
cutter & replay mode) A-B-C-D-E (and repeat it "x" times) or you
can repeat A-B (x times) In the latter case you can jump to the next
set of marks with the 1 or 3 button it would then loop between C-D
(not B-C! as you don't want to watch between B-C). The last case
is a special one. Another press of the 3 would do a playback between
E and the end of the movie (then it jumps back to E or the beginning
of the movie, once again, dependant on setup settings.

This mod allows you a few things ;o)) First of all you can do an
action replay. I.e. if you didn't catch a scene or if you are
interested in just *how did that car blow up*,  you'll like this mod.
Or if you record an hours worth of MTV and really like a single
song (as background "Gedudel" while programming ;o)). Another
way of using this mod is to "remove" advertisements before you
watch w/o having to actually cut the move (time savings ;o)) If you
decide you would like to keep the movie after watching it, you just
hit the "5" to enter cutter mode again and then hit 2 as usual. While
in replay mode hitting the "0" will remove (but not delete!) all
marks at once.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---